Another idea would be to take a well known open source project in Ant (or Maven) and show the build script for the same. This way, readers could click off to the original XML, or see (inlined) the equivalent Buildr

I'd suggest this one -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/math/trunk/build.xml?view=markup

Regards,

-Paul Hammant