Thoughts in-lined below. . .

On 11/01/2011 11:40 PM, Peter Donald wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Michael Guymon
<michael.guy...@gmail.com>  wrote:
The integration with buildr is crude and for some reason the rdoc is no
longer formated correct. I will update it to make it legible again.

https://github.com/mguymon/buildr-resolver
nice.
( I fixed the rdocs )

This is the ruby wrapper for the Aether java libs, which buildr-resolver
depends on

https://github.com/mguymon/naether
That is quite neat. I wonder if the core of buildr could move across
to using (n)Aether and if there is much benefit from that? Last time I
looked the project was still relatively volatile. What did you think
of working with the library?

The one advantage I see is that it would be using the same core as
maven and thus guaranteed to be compatible (where as now we know there
is scenarios where we are not quite right).

Aether really is a beast of a library, there is a lot of 'action' going on. That is one of the reasons I crammed it into a wrapper, Aether needs a lot of prep code for it to run properly. After working out the kinks of setting it up correctly, Aether has been functioning without issue for the past 4 months in my projects.