Hi all,

we have a (very basic) custom query DSL for OLAP type queries and are
investigating whether we can replace and improve on our current execution
engine using calcite.

We believe using the RelBuilder would be a much nicer way to go from our custom
query format to actual DB queries (while offering many potential benefits -
planning process etc. - in the future).

That said, we’ve run into a small issue: the “scan” method only accepts a
String as a table identifier, meaning that we can’t specify a table of a sub
schema (“db1”.”my_table”). Since RelOptSchema.getTableForMember accepts a list
of Strings for this case we’re wondering whether

a) there is a reason for only accepting a String (there is a comment in
RelOptSchema.getTableForMember stating that “names.length is only greater than
1 for queries originating from JDBC”)

b) scan could be overloaded to accept a List of Strings as well (in which case
we’re happy to make that change)

Cheers,
Michael