Hi,

I want to parse an Sql query and transform it to an optimized relational
plan (not convert it to physical !!) using calcite rules based on my
database schema and metadata. Right now, the only helpful example I have
found for my purpose is taken from
https://github.com/milinda/samza-sql/blob/master/samza-sql-planner/src/main/java/org/apache/samza/sql/planner/QueryPlanner.java
,
in which a simple Planner is used for parsing and validating Sql and a
HepPlanner is used for searching for an optimized plan based on imported
rules.

Is there any way to use in my case the VolcanoPlanner? The only examples I
have seen so far from the test classes suggest that it should be used for
converting relational expressions to physical ones. How can I make the
Volcano Planner "see" my SchemaPlus schema ,when I can only define
RelOptSchema? Can someone provide me with a complete example of using
Volcano Planner and adding rules, such
as FilterProjectTransposeRule.INSTANCE?

Thanks in advance,
George