Hello,

I am trying to optimize the logical/physical plan of a given streaming
query with Calcite and execute it in a separate engine. So far, I am using
heuristic planner and some cost-based push-down rules and get a
"relational" optimization on the plan. By relational, I mean that this is
basic optimization that I would get if my query was executed in a
relational database and wasn't a stream. As a result I am not optimizing
the query with streaming criteria at all.

Can someone give any suggestions on further optimization on streaming
queries? Is there anything more to do using Calcite, or the optimization
ends by using the built in rules? Finally, any related work would be
welcome.

Thanks in advance,
George.