Hello,

I think I have understood the basics about RelOptCost, transformer and
converter rules and how to use them in Volcano in order to set my own
cost-model, from examples I have seen in Drill and Hive mainly.
As I am thinking about t it right now, I should:
1)define my cost model and optimization goal (Volcano uses Lt method) in a
CustomCostBase class that implements RelOptCost
2)define my operators with the same logic as they are and override their
computeCost method
3)define my proper converter and transform rules

However, in order to use Volcano, I have to use some rules with Convention
that is not NONE. So I think I have to implement my own custom Convention
that my rules should have and convert the logical rules to my custom ones.
Then enforce my rules on these custom rules and get an optimized plan.

Do I miss something in the logic I describe above? Do you have any
suggestions on how to do it in another way?

Thank you in advance,
George