Hi everyone,

we (from Flink) are currently discussing how we can express time-semantics (event-time or processing-time) in a SQL query. The optimal solution would be to have two system attributes that are part of every table schema/every row data type. We could then access it like `SELECT * FROM MyTable ORDER BY rowtime`. However, it should not be part of the result in an expansion (`*`) and the user should not modify those attributes (no aliasing, read-only). I had a look into SqlValidator and there are several lines that contain things like `includeSystemVars` or `isSystemField` but nothing concrete. Am I right that this feature is not entirely implemented yet? Which parts would you touch/override to implement this feature?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Timo