Hi,
I would like to add support in the SqlImplementor class for the Nulls
First/Nulls Last feature that has been recently added to
Hive.https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-12994

I know that i need to modify the method "addOrderItem", however I also realize
that if I do so, i will break the compatibility for versions of Hive that are
less that 2.1.0 (since the feature was added only in 2.1.0)
I also know that there is an active PRĀ
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1913which attempts to add a
version field in the SqlDialect

However, it seems that it will take time to complete. What do you think I
should do? Should i go ahead and add the "null direction" feature for Hive
without consideration for backward compatibility?
ThanksAbbas Gadhia