I believe the scott.tmp directory is created by hsqldb for an
in-memory "scott" database. Usually it disappears when the "test"
target finishes, but this time there was a crash, so the directory was
left around. The should not be there. It is empty, so I consider it a
minor cosmetic problem, but we should change our release process so
that it is not there next time.