Hello everyone,
I recently got to know Calcite, and given that I have been working on query
processing optimization (XML, RDBMS and triple stores) during my PhD and
postdoc, I thought it could be a good way to keep some concepts fresh and
to broaden my knowledge of internals of different data stores.

Since a bit more than one year I am a SW engineer at company working in the
travel industry, I am mostly working with Apache Spark. My interest in
Calcite is, at the moment, purely personal, but my hope is to exploit it to
better drive our data processing flow, once I will get to know Calcite
better.

Setup-wise:
I have successfully cloned calcite and calcite-test-dataset, it was smooth
also the command-line compilation and test execution with maven.

However, I have troubles getting the project compiling with IntelliJ
2017.3.2 (community edition) under Ubuntu 16.04, Oracle JVM 64bit
1.8.0_151-b12.

The error I get is related to one of the classes generated by javacc:
Error:(36, 12) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable ExtensionSqlParserImpl
  location: class
org.apache.calcite.sql.parser.parserextensiontesting.ExtensionSqlParserTest

Do you have any suggestion to get it work?

I do most of my dev with Intellij, but I can adopt any other IDE if the
setup is smoother.

Best regards,
Alessandro