Thanks Julian.

I did not reply to previous email, but plan sounded reasonable to me. I will be
ready to have the first Calcite RC shortly after Avatica is released.

-Jesús

On 2/27/18, 11:49 AM, "Julian Hyde" <jh...@apache.org> wrote:

    Did we agree a target date for Calcite 1.16?

    In any case, I think we’d better do an Avatica release very soon. I
volunteer to be release manager for Avatica. Can we aim for an RC of Avatica
1.11 on Monday (March 5)?

    Then, if all goes well, the first RC for Calcite 1.16 could be as early as
Monday March 12. As RM, I’ll let Jesus drive the Calcite release.

    Julian

    > On Feb 17, 2018, at 2:44 AM, Chris Baynes <ch...@contiamo.com> wrote:
    >
    > New release would be great!
    > I'd very much like to get the ClickHouse dialect PR in the next release:
    > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2157
    > though I haven't figured out an easy way to integrate this into the
calcite
    > test dataset (commented about this in the jira issue).
    >
    > On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Shuyi Chen <suez1...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks a lot, Julian. I think I can try to make it before Mid March.
    >>
    >> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Shuyi,
    >>>
    >>> I forgot to ask: What would be your preferred time-frame for the
release?

    >>> Julian

    >> after.
    >>> So we’d have a release by say Mar 10. That gives us 2 weeks to produce
an
    >>> Avatica release. But I’m flexible - the release could happen a couple of
    >>> weeks later in March.

    >>> to commit - I just need to get clean test runs. I am interested in
    >>> finishing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2160 <
    >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2160> (a grid index to
    >>> support spatial joins) or at least some blocker issues regarding CROSS
    >>> APPLY that I ran into while working on this.

    >>> calcite/pulls <https://github.com/apache/calcite/pulls> - there are a
    >> lot
    >>> of half-complete PRs, more than usual. If the authors want make a
    >> concerted
    >>> effort to complete them before the release they should speak up now, and
    >> we
    >>> can be flexible.

    >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2045> (Create
    >>> for

    >>> months —
    >>> Although
    >>> blocker

CALCITE-2182 <

<http://t.sidekickopen65.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJW7t5XZs4X9YtjW8q-fZW65jv3RW2zhrDH56dLV8f5DKhvM02?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.contiamo.com%2F&si=5165279625740288&pi=bff9f6a3-d8a4-4bf6-87d5-a5464041547d>