Thanks for the review, Kevin! Please see my response in line.

On 23/04/2018 11:18 AM, Kevin Risden wrote:
* Ran tests at git hash
* Ran tests from tar.gz
* Checked hashes and GPG key of tar.gz
* Reviewed source for missing Apache headers
* Reviewed history and documentation

Few comments:
* Dockerfile - think CMD ["python", "app.py"]" is not needed? line could be
removed
- Done
* go_development.md - docker-compose up - should be "docker-compose up
--build" otherwise might test against old version
- Done
* dsn.go line 191 - typo - principal
- Done
* README.md - dep ensure - Should this point to a specific release? ie:
github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go@3.0.0
- Dep will search for the latest tag in the repository (in general, that's what people want). It's possible to force a specific version using `github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go@3.0.0`, but I don't think we need to specifically document that as users of dep will know.
* README.md - godoc - this links to master - didn't see a way to link to a
specific version?
- Godoc only supports master. However, all go projects (including the golang/go repository) have godoc pointing to master, I think it's best to follow convention here.
* README.md - Go 1.7+ is supported - are there tests for this? .travis.yml
might be a good place to test multiple go versions
- This is an interesting one. The Go team supports the current version and the last version. As of today, that would be 1.10.x and 1.9.x. 1.7.x and 1.8.x are considered obsolete. Most Go projects I use (kubernetes and docker are using 1.9.x and will move to 1.10.x soon). In 1.9.x, type aliases were added to the language, so that https://golang.org/pkg/context/ and https://godoc.org/golang.org/x/net/context are equivalent. This allows us to the context library in stdlib without breaking dependencies and code that uses golang.org/x/net/context.

I will add Go 1.9 to the travis file, but maybe we should just remove the note that Go 1.7+ is supported to reduce confusion.
* .gitignore - doesn't ignore golang/intellij files
- I've copied all IDE files from Calcite's gitignore into avatica-go's gitignore.
* goreportcard -
https://goreportcard.com/report/github.com/apache/calcite-avatica-go  -
lists some minor things
- These are some minor things we can refactor later :)
None of the above are show stoppers for me.

+1 (non-binding)

Kevin Risden

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 7:05 PM, Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>