Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. Is there a JIRA for this case? It seems it is a bug
indeed.

-Jesús

On 4/19/18, 8:06 PM, "Kevin Risden" <kris...@apache.org> wrote:

    I was looking into Error Prone [1] checking for Calcite and it found what
    looks like a bug in Druid Adapter. The output is as follows

    DruidJsonFilter.java:[324,9] [IdentityBinaryExpression] A binary expression
    > where both operands are the same is usually incorrect; the value of this
    > expression is equivalent to `lhs.getType().getFamily() ==
    > SqlTypeFamily.NUMERIC`.
    > [ERROR]     (see
    > http://errorprone.info/bugpattern/IdentityBinaryExpression)

    The DruidJsonFilter [2] has left and right hand the exact same. Raising
    awareness here before going to JIRA.

    [1] http://errorprone.info/
    [2]

https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/druid/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/adapter/druid/DruidJsonFilter.java#L323