For T(p) and F(p), did you know that SQL has IS TRUE and IS FALSE?

I find them very useful. For example, if I write “select * from t where x > 5”
it is implicitly “select * from t where (x > 5) is true”. That takes care of
3-valued logic, because if “x" is null then “x > 5” is unknown and “(x > 5) is
true” is false.

Regarding deriving additional filters. I am cautious about adding too many
derived predicates to RelMdPredicates. The number of derived predicates is
exponential in the size of the original predicate, so we are placing a burden
on the downstream RelNodes that will need to propagate those predicates.