Il dom 23 set 2018, 22:22 Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Enrico,
>
> 1) EnumerableMergeJoinRule does not seem to work (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2592 ).
> It seems to be broken since Calcite 1.9.0
>
> 2) It turns out you need to add RelTraitDefs explicitly to the planner,
> otherwise it just ignores the traits (or something like that).
>
> Would you please try
> adding org.apache.calcite.rel.RelCollationTraitDef#INSTANCE to the list of
> traits you use for planning? (see
>
> https://github.com/diennea/herddb/blob/0c7c01584350d57d8102511b987e5f880f3f65bd/herddb-core/src/main/java/herddb/sql/CalcitePlanner.java#L412
>  )
>
> It works!

Now the planner does not choose a merge join as expected. And I guess it
will never do so due the bug you have mentioned

Thank you very much

Enrico

> PS. You are using a somewhat creative way of planning the whole thing as
> Enumerable then converting the plan relations to your own format.

Uh
Othewise I should have created my own Convention, but as far I understand
it is not really needed, in the future maybe we refactor the whole
integration with Calcite

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli