Hello,

It seems that my case consists of two bugs:

First one is similar to what I've already patched twice - Calcite pushes
too much to underlying jdbc schema, in this case "?" operator. Resulting
subquery onto jdbc schema ends with error about it (? not resolved). This
one belongs to Calcite.

The second one is located
at org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaParameter.toProto method.
AvaticaParameter can be a live nullable className but
Common.AvaticaParameter does not allow to set nulls on className. toProto
method - please verify me - should be more carefull about it and not set
className on a builder when it is null. This one belongs to Avatica.

If anyone has time to check me it would be great. I will log then each bug
to appropriate apache project in Jira. I should patch first one fairly easy.

Regards,
Piotr

--
Piotr Bojko