There is no separate project which collects Calcite adapters. You will
find a few projects around with different adapters that haven't been
accepted into Calcite for various reasons (the author doesn't desire
to, it's unlikely to be broadly useful, etc.) In general, I'd say
we're always interested in accepting well-tested code that is expected
to be generally useful.

The contribution of an adapter that no one else is likely to use may
not be accepted, partially because when any new code is added, we also
add the burden of maintaining that code. That said, even in that case,
there's nothing stopping contributors for maintaining adapters
external to the Calcite code base :)

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org