Hi Kumar,

Currently elastic table row type is "Map<String, Object>". I'm working on
converting elastic mapping directly to RelDataType [1].
When done, you'll be able to query document attributes directly (as in
`select address from user` instead of `select _MAP['address'] from user`)
(discussion here [2])

Regarding missing features in elastic adapter, we can discuss them here and
create JIRAs individually. Please let me know what functionalities you need.

If you would like to contribute to Calcite a good place to start is jira
issues (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/CALCITE). Read tutorial (
https://calcite.apache.org/docs/tutorial.html) first and study CSV adapter
code.

Thanks,