I think we'd generally be willing to accept any adapter which is
well-written, well-tested, and likely to be generally useful. I think
Kafka meets the final criterion and with some work the current code
could meet the first two. That said, even if the adapter isn't
accepted into the main Calcite codebase, I would encourage you to
publish it as a separate package anyway.
--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org