I pushed a commit to the master branch this morning and it was
rejected due to an intervening commit from Laurent. But that
intervening commit did not appear when I did 'git fetch origin'.

Just now, I was just able to push successfully. In both cases I used
'git push origin master' from the command line, without the '-f'
(force) flag.

You can see that both commits generated emails: [1] [3]. Laurent's
intervening commit also generated an email: [2].

All, Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Laurent, What command did you use to commit?

Julian

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ac70079b65305a9040bfe2ed0720768343d2f6dc038b9a63c081ff0b@%3Ccommits.calcite.apache.org%3E

[2]