+1 (binding)

Checked LICENSE, NOTICE, checksums, compiled and ran tests on JDK 11/Ubuntu,
ran RAT. Checked that tar contents match git commit.

One minor thing: I was surprised that commit adc1532de does not have tag
calcite-1.21.0. Not a blocker for the release, but worth fixing.

The release notes are written in passive voice (e.g. “The parser has been
enhanced …”). Consider converting to active voice; it makes it more direct.
(Scientific writing requires passive voice, but the rest of the world is agreed
that active voice is superior.) If you need a subject for the sentence, use
“Calcite”, e.g. “Calcite now parses…”. Also, please put back-ticks around SQL
keywords like MATCH_RECOGNIZE or java types like SemiJoin. Not a blocker for
the release; can be fixed afterwards.

I want to say thank you to non-committers like Anton for voting on the release.
You are an important part of our quality control, so your time & diligence is
appreciated.

Julian