If you’re a member of the Apache Calcite meetup group[1], you probably just
received an email saying that the group is shutting down. I set it up a few
years ago, but I never find time to organize meetups, so I decided to stop
paying the annual fee to meetup.com <http://meetup.com/>.

I’m not particularly sad that it’s closing down, given that it has been
inactive, and we as a community seem to find other ways to talk to each other.
But if someone in the community would like to organize some meetups and is
prepared to pay the fees, I’m happy to hand over the reins.

Julian

[1] https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Calcite/
<https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Calcite/>