Hi community,

Recently I submitted a patch [1] to have a correct type converting to
BigQuery dialect when there is a CAST in RelToSql. That patch left some
cases unhandled, e.g. INTEGER. The reason is BigQuery does not support
INTEGER or INT32, it only supports INT64.

So the open question is, in RelToSql, if the Rel does "CAST(x AS
unsupported type)" for a dialect, what should we do? There are two options:
1. throw an exception.
2. Try to cast the type to one compatible type in the target dialect. E.g.
INTEGER cast to INT64.If there is no compatible type, throw exception.

What do you think? Also, for the option 2, if we are in favor of it, what
rules we should follow to does such cast?

[1]:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/30a0dd0a2edebdc08292b7d59988c60ccf754bed

-Rui