Hi colleagues,

I am working on Calcite integration with Hazelcast. One particular problem
is that we need query hints. I found a couple of tickets [1] [2], and it
seems that hints are not readily available at the moment. So I have two
questions:
1) Is it true that there is no built-in way to provide query hints at the
moment? Are there any plans to finally add hints to the engine?
2) As a possible solution, I am considering extending SELECT syntax with a
custom parser extension. Do you know any example of extended SELECT syntax
in existing Calcite integrations? I found an example of SqlInsert command
extension in Apache Flink, but maybe somebody already extended SELECT as
well?

Thank you,
Vladimir.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-482