Hi,

Presto seems to have many similarities with Calcite itself.
As you mentioned, Presto is not really a database but a distributed SQL
framework to query heterogeneous data sources.
Presto connectors are in some sense similar to Calcite adapters and if the
Enumerable convention was capable of performing distributed joins etc.,
then the similarities would be even bigger.

To the best of my knowledge, the majority of our users adopt Calcite either
to query multiple data sources in a unified way or to provide SQL query
processing capabilities to data sources that do not already have. Presto
seems to have similar goals, thus, I am not sure who will benefit from this
new adapter.

I never used Presto myself so I may have missed some important points. Can
you share some use-cases about who may use this adapter and how?

Best,
Stamatis