Il Dom 9 Feb 2020, 08:41 Stamatis Zampetakis <zabe...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Thanks for fixing the build Vladimir!
>
> I like the idea of testing against other projects on a weekly basis. It
> will certainly help detect regressions early on. It might be a bit hard to
> maintain since there could be failures quite often but I guess we will not
> know till we try.
>
> Even before adding 3rd-party projects in the CI, I would say that is worth
> running our integration tests (Druid, Cassandra, Postgres, etc.)

+1

I think that third party users should test their code against current
Calcite master and report to this list all problems as soon as possible.

In HerdDB we saw regressions too late and the code was no more compatible
with Calcite master so we are still using a very old version of Calcite.

We started to have a branch that builds and runs tests against Calcite
master.
Showstoppers in this process are when we break source/binary compatibility
in Calcite, so you have to maintain a separate branch, because you cannot
depend on SNAPSHOT release  and this is expected to happen at every release.

Having more frequent releases in Calcite would help a bit, but currently it
is not a big burden

Enrico

at a