Hi,

I've recently committed a change that improves test results and stacktraces
in the build results.
You can find more information here in [1]

In a nutshell, it adds coloring to the output, it makes stacktraces
shorter, and it adds GitHub Actions error markers, so you don't even need
to scroll the log to identify the failure.
Here's a sample output:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/runs/436136868#step:5:1005

If you have ideas on improving the output (e.g. messages are too verbose,
coloring is missing, etc), please let me know (e.g. mention in Calcite
issues, or file an issue for https://github.com/vlsi/vlsi-release-plugins ).

Note: the coloring is disabled for Windows as I'm not sure ASCII colors
work there.

[1]:
https://github.com/vlsi/vlsi-release-plugins/blob/master/plugins/gradle-extensions-plugin/README.md#test-output-formatting

Vladimir