>it is hard for me to figure out the reason of the change

It is written in the JIRA description and in the commit message: it
improves planning performance by reducing the planning space.

For Calcite it reduces slow tests from 64 min to 40 min.

Before (3862sec):
https://github.com/apache/calcite/runs/382954125#step:4:794
After (2402sec):
https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/1740/checks?check_run_id=382955763#step:4:369

I see you might be struggling with plan issues, however:
* The fix brings 30% improvement for Calcite tests
* It improves some of the plans where the old column was emp0 and the new
one is emp (see PR1740)
* You provide no clue on the nature of the failures you are facing
* You suggest making changes to Calcite based on the number of Flink
failures only

^^ That is sad

Vladimir