Hi.

I'm so sorry about that. I'm new in Apache community and am not familiar
with dev email.

I wrote this letter from QQ Mail before, but I forgot to subscribe calcite
dev then. So I subscribed it and resend the email from gmail which was the
email replied by Haisheng before. I thought the email from QQ was lost
because of unsubscribing, but somehow it appeared today. I'm so sorry...

And thanks for reminding, I checked the email from Haisheng to ask further
clarifications, I found the auto reply didn't add dev email......so you
can't receive my reply. I will resend it then.

PS:I replied this email from QQ just now, and..it disappeared again. I
don't know whether it will appear later, but I wll never use it again..This
email is from gmail.

Stamatis Zampetakis <zabe...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月2日周一 下午3:54写道:

> Hi Xiangwei,
>
> Haisheng already replied to this thread asking some further clarifications
> [1].
> Is there a reason that you are resending the email multiple times?
>
> Best,
> Stamatis
>
> [1]
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r0163d54fdf001ebc0303e3a796b2c41272c111bdac72e10a8dbb9a7c%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E
>
> On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:51 PM 魏祥威 <526213...@qq.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone.
> >

> > My name is Xiangwei Wei and I'm new here. I wrote an adapter for Apache
> > IoTDB recently which is&nbsp;a database for time series data management
> > support use of Apache Calcite.&nbsp;
> >

> > However, when I finished it and tried to test its performance, I
> > found&nbsp;the adapter's performance was not that fast. It took much time
> > compared with the raw data query in the database backend. I thought maybe
> > it was the problem of my adapter. So I did the same test on the Cassandra
> > Adapter which is provided by Calcite source code. But it shew similar
> > result.
> >

> > Executing a simple query using Cassandra Adapter takes about 1600ms -
> > 1800ms on my PC. However, it costs only 5 ms to do the raw data query in
> > the Cassandra database backend. Is this the general performance of
> > adapters? Or I made something wrong?
> >

> > I did the test by writing a simple JDBC program to do query using
> standard
> > sql. For Cassandra Adapter, I used the data proviced in
> > "./cassandra/src/test/resources/twissandra.cql" and a simple sql
> statement
> > provided in the CassandraAdapterTest which is "select * from \"userline\"
> > where \"username\"='!PUBLIC!'".
> >

> > Best,
> > Xiangwei Wei
> >

> > &nbsp;