List,

Our team's current application runs a thread pool for handling queries.
Each time a query comes it it is placed in the run queue and executed
outside of the HTTP RPC thread. This allows us to handle N concurrent
queries where N is the size of the thread pool. I would like to change this
to a N:M system allowing our service to handle more concurrent queries then
the thread pool size. Our TableScan uses Netty RPCs and Queues to fetch
results from the remote database giving use the opportunity to park the
current query while awaiting RPC responses.

Has anyone been able to achieve this? Is the best way to own Convention?

Our current service doesn't use JDBC and therefore have direct access to
the compiled Enumerable. One solution I haven't been able to get working is
using InterruptedException (or something similar -- Kafka created a
WakeUpException), which would allow a sub-enumerable the ability to signal
above that it needs to save it's state and yield.

Is this something that could be added to EnumerableDefaults? If not would
it be a InterruptableEnumerable convention instead?