I agree with Francis. Indeed, it would be nice to have some feedback from
the people in the companies.

Apart from that here are a few quick ideas:

1) Flink, Hive, Druid, Solr, Phoenix, and many more data management systems
provide full-fledged SQL capabilities all thanks to Apache Calcite.
2) Eclipse Memory Analyzer allows to efficiently query Java memory heap
dumps via SQL by using Apache Calcite.
3) With Apache Calcite anybody can query anything via SQL with almost zero
configuration through built-in connectors; from CSV, JSON files in your
local file system to well-known NoSQL systems like Cassandra and Redis.
4) SuperSQL by Tencent is able to integrate and query many heterogeneous
data-sources (e.g., RDBMS, ES, Hive, Flink, Spark, Presto, ClickHouse) by
using Apache Calcite.

Let me know what you think. Something worth submitting?

Best,
Stamatis