Hi,

I'm looking for a some guidance / references on how to approach the
following scenario.

I have 2 separate software modules
1. Cpp-Codebase that parses an SQL query and construct a plan
2. Calcite adapter to my specific domain

My goal is to provide a server, such that the Cpp-Codebase, as the client,
can construct (in the server) a corresponding plan (of calcite). The client
shouldn't receive the constructed plan back.

Basically, it's an integration problem, i want to convert NativePlan@Client
to RelNode@Server.

*I am looking for references based on your experience how would i go about
this. *

My initial intuition is to provide a gRPC service, with messages that
according to will construct the plan
  - the client will convert it's model to the gRPC model
  - the server will convert the gRPC model to the RelNode

This also includes a manual construction of the RelNode which im not sure
how to go about...

Thanks in advance!
Tal