Hi,

I've approved (moderated) this announcement, but please consider changing your
download page.

1. Don't include action=download in your links to the mirror selection page.
This makes it impossible for the moderators to verify that the mirror selection
is working.
2. Use the "new" link downloads.apache.org/calcite/
<http://downloads.apache.org/calcite/> instead of www.apache.org/dist/calcite
<http://www.apache.org/dist/calcite> for your checksums and signatures.

Thanks,
Craig

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Andrei Sereda <ser...@apache.org>
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Calcite 1.25.0 released
> Date: August 23, 2020 at 1:19:33 PM PDT
> To: annou...@apache.org
>
> The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Calcite
> 1.25.0.
>
> Calcite is a dynamic data management framework. Its cost-based optimizer
> converts queries, represented in relational algebra, into executable plans.
> Calcite supports many front-end languages and back-end data engines, and
> includes an SQL parser and, as a sub-project, the Avatica JDBC driver.
>
> This release comes one month after 1.24.0 and removes methods deprecated in
> previous versions. In addition, it adds support for spatial functions and SQL
> interval expressions.
>
> You can start using it in Maven by simply updating your dependency to:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.calcite</groupId>
>     <artifactId>calcite-core</artifactId>
>     <version>1.25.0</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> If you'd like to download the source release, you can find it here:
>
>   https://calcite.apache.org/downloads/
> <https://calcite.apache.org/downloads/>
>
> You can read more about the release (including release notes) here:
>
>   https://calcite.apache.org/news/2020/08/22/release-1.25.0/
> <https://calcite.apache.org/news/2020/08/22/release-1.25.0/>
>
> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to report
> problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at:
>
>    https://calcite.apache.org/ <https://calcite.apache.org/>
>
> Thanks to everyone involved!
>
> Andrei Sereda, on behalf of the Apache Calcite Team

Craig L Russell
c...@apache.org