Hi all,

I have to publish the site after the release 1.26.0, it is the first time
that I do such a thing, and I don't want to mess things up (especially
since I am not a git expert).

I do not understand the current situation between 'master' and 'site'
branches. It looks like they have diverged: 'site' branch is currently "2
commits ahead, 99 commits behind master" [1], is this normal or expected?
The ahead commits seem to be:
-
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/8cf0701dac5aad7d695709d8e35957c261f8ae82
-
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/b65944772c7234612fc5a8c84384d40a5cfa6d84

The second one is an interesting case, it seems that the exact same change
was also committed to master (as a different commit):
-
https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/0920796bb917ee8420d2534233486ca0413b4430
I guess this was a cherry-pick? Is this normal? In that case, why the other
one was not applied to master?

My question is, how should I proceed? Shall I merge master into site? site
into master? both? I have tried both locally, and they cannot be
fast-forwarded (merge --ff-only).

Then, which branch should I use to re-build the site and re-generate the
javadoc before pushing it into the calcite-site repo? Master? Site? Either
of them once they are aligned?

Thanks,
Ruben

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/tree/site