+1 in favoring text over screenshots.

To what mentioned already, I would encourage people to attach binary files
for profiling snapshots and heap dumps in addition to static screenshots
when the size is not prohibitive.
I find it very helpful to be able to navigate the snapshot/dump myself in
order to extract additional info that is usually not available in the
screenshot.
There are many ways to capture the state of the application so we should
favor open source over commercial tools so that everybody can examine the
files.

About enabling images in the dev list, I am neither for nor against.

Best,
Stamatis