Hi community,

Thanks for your attention. : )

Currently, Apache ShardingSphere community plans to leverage Apache Calcite to
implement federated SQL query,

i.e., the query from different database instances [1].

The draft approach is that we consider using the custom adaptor with the SQL
parser of ShardingSphere itself (Antlr involved),

and transforming the parsed result to the algebra of Calcite.

 Lastly, Calcite will execute the SQLs by means of the custom adaptor.

Currently, I know the entrance of calling the custom adaptor is to use the
`DriverManager.getConnection(CalciteUrl)`, which will get Calcite's SQL parsing
involved.

But we want to avoid twice SQL parsing, which means we wish to ignore the SQL
parsing of CalciteN .

My question is that how we can leverage Calcite adaptor without using Calcite
parser.

Could you give me some hints?

Very appreciated your any help and reply.

Regards,

Trista

[1] https://github.com/apache/shardingsphere/issues/8284

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PMC of Apache ShardingSphere
E-mail: panj...@apache.org