Dear Calcite community,

Thanks for your attention. This is Juan Pan from the ApacheCon Asia 2021
committee.

You are surely wondering why this invitation comes. I am glad to give some
introduction on this event and do some clarification.

As a large and diverse open-source community, the Calcite community is still
growing up after its graduation. That impresses me and many other Apache
members and committers. Plus, its active mail list and integration with other
projects convince people it is mature and self-powered!

As the first-time Apache Asia conference, this event is on the CFP stage and
targets attracting people worldwide, especially from Asia. Hence, the committee
of ApacheCon Asia 2021 especially hopes to have the Calcite community deliver a
talk in **the Incubator track** to share your insight and stories on your
community to make our attendees know more about its excellent community
governance.

I am curious whether anyone from the Calcite community is available and
interested in attending this event online [1]? One talk is expected to be a
pre-recorded video with 40 minutes duration considering the time difference and
potential internet issues. Plus, your video is bound to be published in other
Apache channels after this event for these subsequent audiences. CFP [2] is
waiting for your submission.

If you have any confusion or questions, please be free to contact me. Look
forward to your reply!

Warmly regards,

Trista, on the half of the ApacheCon Asia committee &

Track Chair of the Incubator Track

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/

[2] https://apachecon.com/acasia2021/cfp.html

   Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PMC of Apache ShardingSphere
E-mail: panj...@apache.org