Hello,

Calcite is used as the parsing layer of a database I am working on. I
noticed that calcite support dot notation and array subscripts in
identifiers as in:

    SELECT json_column.person.name.email[5] FROM table

This allows for writing rudimentary Json Path expressions. However, some
support is still missing. For example, the following queries will give
parsing errors.

    SELECT json_column.person.name.email[*] FROM table
    SELECT json_column.person.name.email[:2] FROM table
    SELECT json_column.person.name.email[1,3] FROM table
    SELECT json_column..email FROM table
    SELECT json_column.person..name FROM table
    etc... (more json path examples here
<https://support.smartbear.com/alertsite/docs/monitors/api/endpoint/jsonpath.html>
)

>From what I can see, this shouldn't be very complicated to add and will
mainly require accepting a wider range of characters in SELECT list
expression values.

We only need basic json path expression support for now (dot operator and
array subscript operator) which calcite seems to already support, but would
like to add further json path expression support in future. I am wondering
if Calcite is open to further supporting json path expressions in SELECT
and WHERE clause expression list?