All those things usually work fine, and with very little effort.

But occasionally things get screwed up. If IntelliJ doesn’t load correctly the
first time you initialize from build.gradle.kts, close the project and reload.
It usually works fine the second time.

If that doesn’t work, try ‘File > Invalidate Caches / Restart…”.

Julian