Hi Jinpeng,

Do you mean the whole change or the error part only?

My concern is that if we change the implementation of
VolcanoPlanner.isTransformationRule, then some transformation rules that
are not marked as "implements TransformationRule" will be treated as
implementation rules, which may lead to some other hidden negative
consequences.

Ease of upgrade and predictable behavior is often in conflict with each
other when planning migration paths. I am not insisting on the error, but
personally, I am more comfortable with products that fail fast, forcing me
to do the right things rather as early as possible.

Regards,
Vladimir.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/calcite-1.26.0/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/plan/volcano/VolcanoRuleCall.java#L96-L100