+1 for tests in different time zones. And also tests with different Guava
versions. In fact I’m working on it: see
https://github.com/julianhyde/calcite-avatica/commits/stage
<https://github.com/julianhyde/calcite-avatica/commits/stage> and
https://app.travis-ci.com/github/julianhyde/calcite-avatica/builds/238880701
<https://app.travis-ci.com/github/julianhyde/calcite-avatica/builds/238880701>.

-1 for randomized testing as part of CI. CI should be deterministic. So that if
it breaks, the person to fix it is clear: it’s generally the last person who
changed something.

I support randomized testing via scripts. People can run the script for a
couple of hours and log any bugs it uncovers. We already have several such
scripts in Calcite (e.g. rex fuzz testing).

Julian