Those guidelines sound good to me.

Somewhat off-topic, but I think your characterization of recruiting as
a zero sum game misses out on the candidate. Presumably a candidate
takes a new position because they benefit in some way. That said, if
someone really wants to find good candidates, having an engineer reach
out on a dev mailing list seems more appropriate than getting a
recruiter to do it.

--
Michael Mior
mm...@apache.org