The Apache Calcite team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Calcite Avatica 1.20.0.

Avatica is a framework for building database drivers. Avatica defines
a wire API and serialization mechanism for clients to communicate with
a server as a proxy to a database. The reference Avatica client and
server are implemented in Java and communicate over HTTP. Avatica is a
sub-project of Apache Calcite.

Apache Calcite Avatica 1.20.0 upgrades Log4j2 to version 2.15.0 (to
address CVE-2021-44228), and makes the SPNEGO protocol much more
efficient.

For a full list of changes, please see the release notes:

  https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/docs/history.html#v1-20-0

The release is available here:

  https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/downloads/avatica.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems and get involved, visit the project website at:

  https://calcite.apache.org/avatica/

or the Apache Calcite project website:

  https://calcite.apache.org/

Thanks to everyone involved. The Log4j issue only became known on
Friday, and a half dozen Calcite committers and PMC members worked
over the weekend to create a release to address this issue. We take
your security seriously!

Julian Hyde, on behalf of the Apache Calcite team