Julian>We don’t need any more noise on the dev list.

Julian at all, please consider ASF Jenkins failures as true failures rather
than "infrastructure noise".
The messages could probably be improved, however, I have not explored them.

Jenkins won't send mails in case everything is ok.

Jacques>if these are real failures or infra problems

I did very that Calcite-snapshots job can pass.
I did configure the job to remove ALL non-git files before each build,
I configured the job to run with --no-build-cache.

Technically speaking, the "workspace cleanup and --no-build-cache" are not
needed, however,
they imply that failures are likely caused by the bug in Calcite code
rather than "infrastructure".

-----

In this case, :server:test failed, see "tests tab":
https://ci-builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/Calcite%2FCalcite-snapshots/detail/Calcite-snapshots/13/tests?start=0

It looks like there's a concurrency issue in "server" (Calcite or Avatica)

    > Caused by: org.apache.calcite.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException:
Number of INSERT target columns (3) does not equal number of source items
(2)
    > at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor19.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
    > at
    > at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
    > at
org.apache.calcite.runtime.Resources$ExInstWithCause.ex(Resources.java:505)
    > at org.apache.calcite.runtime.Resources$ExInst.ex(Resources.java:599)
    > ... 66 more
    44,49c191,195
    < +---+---+
    < | I | J |