Hi, James. I just noticed the change.  And I have a little concern about
it.

The original implementation uses a switch-case against the class id (an
integer). So it has to regenerate the handler after a new relnode type
arrives. It could be bad for some adhoc optimization processes. But it is
friendly to long-live services who will achieve best performance after
fully warmed up.

The new design uses a bunch of if-else and instance-of operators. To my
understanding, those operators are much heavier than a switch-case against
an integer value, especially for such hot operations of metadata query. So
I wonder whether it will affect the overall latencies.

Thank you.
Jinpeng Wu