Hello,

In the "Towards Calcite 1.30.0" thread, when Liya Fan suggested last Friday
for RC0, nobody objected or requested a delay to try to squeeze in any
pending PR.
We can set these tickets fix-version = 1.31 and aim for that version, which
should be out in 8 weeks (or sooner if required).

Regarding  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4976 this was
probably a mistake. It seems there has been some misunderstanding, because
there are currently two tickets "Release Calcite 1.30.0": that one and also
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5031, created by Liya Fan
later (probably following the release managing instructions, without
realizing that there was already a ticket for that purpose). Should we
close the newer ticket as a duplicate and keep the original one (re-setting
its fix-version = 1.30)?

Best,
Ruben