An ancestor project of Calcite, Eigenbase (aka Farrago) used to have a SET
SCHEMA command. It would be nice if we added that back. (Maybe only in the
“server” module, since in “core” the connections are stateless.)

I’m a bit surprised that "CalciteConnection.setSchema(String)" doesn’t work.
Put a breakpoint in the constructor of CalciteCatalogReader and see what is the
value of schemaPaths. That is effectively the default schema for purposes of
validating SQL statements.

Julian