Hey Julian!
I followed your suggestions related to the dialect/plugin we want to
contribute to Calcite for Firebolt. Some of the issues that we faced so far:

1. Tests are failing in the RelToSqlConverterTest.java file for Firebolt
reason being the fact the actual parsed query does not contain the
'Identifier Quote String'. For Firebolt, we've chosen '\"' as the
'Identifier Quote String'. Have followed the approach that other dialects
have used and therefore have added support for this in the dialect file as
well as in SqlDialect.java and SqlDialectFactoryImpl.java. Have even
implemented the method 'withFirebolt()' in the test file. Please guide what
else needs to be done for this to be fixed and our test cases to be passed.

2. After adding 'FIREBOLT' to "TEST_DB' in CalciteSystemProperty.java and
running the command: ‘./gradlew -Dcalcite.test.db=FIREBOLT test’,
Calcite throws an error that it could not find the enum for 'FIREBOLT' in
CalciteAssert.java file. Even after adding the enum either with Firebolt's
connection string or using one of the given ones, say POSTGRESQL, it
couldn't locate the driver in both cases. Need your suggestion to tackle
this one.

Thanks & Regards,
Raghav Sharma | SDE 1 | Data Engineering
M: +91 7087637086 I Mail: ragh...@sigmoidanalytics.com
<https://www.sigmoid.com/>