I don’t know of any such facility. I suppose someone could do for AST trees
what RelJson and RelWriterTest do for RelNode trees.

Can you please log a Jira case for this? It’s good to have a placeholder in
case someone feels like picking it up in future.

Julian

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/HEAD/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/rel/externalize/RelJson.java
[2]