Hello,

First of all I just wanted to thank all of you for the work you are doing
on Calcite.

We want to add support for the percentile_disc aggregate function, but we
encounter a problem.
Our percentile_disc return type is dependent on the column of the "order
by" clause (just like postgresql
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-aggregate.html>).
However, I don't see how to achieve that on calcite. The issue is that the
sort column argument is not passed to the percentile_disc function, Rather,
it is stored outside of it as a collation. Therefore, I cannot use the
SqlReturnTypeInference mechanism.

If someone has an idea on how to achieve this it would be very much
appreciated.
Thank you,

Itiel